Susan Marks, RN, BSN, PHN, is a cannabis nurse and a member of the American Cannabis Nurses Association. She works with medical patients who want to include cannabis therapeutics in their health management program.
Susan educates and consults with clients on:
- The endocannabinoid system and how cannabis works in their body and is specific to their disease or issue
- How to select safe and reliable products
- The dosing process
- The risks and benefits of cannabis
- Identifying drug interactions and avoiding unwanted side effects
- Understanding that cannabis is a treatment within a continuum of care which involves interacting components and being able to integrate cannabis with the client’s current treatment choices and lifestyle.
With this knowledge, her clients can make informed decisions about their cannabis regimen.
Susan works with patients with the following medical conditions:
- Chronic pain
- Essential Tremor
- Auto-immune diseases (Lupus, Crohn’s, MS)
- Neurodegenerative (Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, ALS)
- Weight loss/Weight gain
Susan is a native Californian and received her Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) from Mount Saint Mary’s College. She has clinical experience in Adult Medical/Surgical; Pediatric Oncology/Hematology; Home Care; Case Management; Disease Management; Quality Improvement; and Risk Management.
Susan was inducted into Sigma Theta Tau, International Nursing Honor Society, and has received certification in the following subspecialties:
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ)
- Public Health Nurse (PHN)
- Legal Nurse Consultant (LNCC)
- Catastrophic Case Management and Life Care Planning
Susan is passionate about the therapeutic benefits of cannabis. She is a medical cannabis patient with a progressive neurological movement disorder. Cannabis (high CBD, low THC) has allowed her to stop anti-seizure medication and the intolerable side effects.
Her website is DearNurseSusan.com.